OK, a long-overdue update. Here's the kitchen; it's pretty close to done, with a bunch of loose ends to tie up. I just put in the under-cabinet LED lighting today and got it wired up.
What I did, in total, to the kitchen: I removed the existing Rialta kitchen and replaced basically everything except the plumbing and wiring. Wenge countertops (wax & oil finish so I can use the whole surface as a cutting board), Norcold DC fridge, new cabinetry I built mostly from pine and plywood to try to keep it light, Ramblewood Green stove, Houzer sink, some faucet I got off Overstock, soap dispenser, water filter system, new backsplash, and LED strip lighting under-cabinet. Still todo: magnetic spice rack, over-stove light fixture, knife magnet bar, under-sink shelving, over-stove pot hooks, paper towel dispenser, and lots of miscellaneous stuff.
Long shot of the kitchen. LED lighting doesn't work well with my iPhone camera so it looks oddly purple.
Nice big drawer. The stock one is miniscule and has really low sides so it's easy for things to fall out of it. When I removed the old kitchen I found all sorts of junk spatulas and stuff on the ground that had fallen out of the drawer.
Under-sink cabinet is much bigger. Shelf peg holes are drilled on both sides but I have to mount the water filter and figure out other stuff (probably hiding the solar controller & inverter in the small space at the bottom) before I can cut the shelves to fit.
Sink area, with drop-in cutting board out of the way. You can see the wood grain here and the way I packed all the faucetry stuff in the back there (it's a snug fit.)
LED strip under the cabinet. I just ran it back and forth with 90-degree folds at the corners. White duct tape holding it flush for now, though I'll need a better solution (probably wide staples or something) or eventually it'll peel off. This is first-pass. Works well, though.
I ran the power for the LED lighting at the back up into the cabinet. Just wrapped the wires together with the little controller wires, heat shrink & electrical tape to wrap it up. Again, white duct tape will have to be replaced by little plastic bracket or something, the tape'll peel off in a day or two I bet.
Inside the top cabinet. Wire comes up from LEDs, purple and green are power, and the wire running out the right is the IR receiver for the remote which I mounted on the side of the cabinet. The little controller comes in a plastic box with a DC coax connector; I removed the box and soldered the power wires straight to the board so I could use those spade connectors you see there instead. As always, the white duct tape makes it look extra professional.
I'm going to just mount the remote on the side of the cabinet and cover the space between it and the IR receiver so it's just like a permanent switch mounted there. I'm doing this because I'll have other LED strips in the RV and I don't want the under-cabinet lighting picking up signals from the other remote. I pretty much always want the under-cabinet lighting to be the same warm white color and only use it when cooking.
There's the lighting on. As before, it interferes oddly with my camera so it looks crappy in this shot. In real life it's a nice warm white light.
And one more shot. It's nicely low-profile, I'm really happy with how it came out.