A few months ago a friend of mine moved to Vegas. He had a really sweet fish tank that he couldn't take with him, so he gave it to me.
I got really into it, of course. The only problem was that the fish kept dying. Here's the graveyard :
1. The cutest little red fish in the world. He was this tiny shy red fish who would always hide. Finally after a month of having him he started to come out of hiding and swim around. To move anywhere he really had to get his tiny little fins moving. I went to Massachusetts to visit family and left the heater in the house set to 70 so that the fish wouldn't get too cold. I have a little heater in the tank, but I didn't trust it. Unfortunately there was a heat wave, and when I came back the poor little guy was dead.
2. I had a zebra danio who also got sick from the heat. He had dropsy, which basically means that he kept inflating until he was about twice his size. I researched it online and everyone said that there was no cure. When it was too late I went to the fish store and asked, and he recommended some medicine that might help. I got the medicine, but he didn't make it. I was really sad because the poor guy had no idea what was wrong. He would paddle all over the place, but had a tough time staying too far down in the tank since he was so inflated.
3. One of my favorite fish was the golden gourami. He was really friendly and would swim up to me whenever I sat by the tank. I even taught him to kiss my finger if I stuck it in the water. One night I checked on my fish, went for a nap, and when I woke up he had jumped out of the tank! There was a tiny little opening... it's amazing that he got out.
After that I was left with two black tetras, so the tank was looking pretty empty.
I went to an awesome fish store called Aquatek here in Austin. It's owned by a guy who is nuts about fish and imports all the coolest ones you can imagine. I had some algae growing in the tank so I should have bought algae eaters, but I had my eye on a ropefish. Ropefish are these crazy fish that look likes snakes and are from the Congo. His stock varies every week, and I knew if I didn't get this guy I probably wouldn't have a chance to get another one for a while.
Because he looks a lot like him, I named him Trogdor. Normally he hangs out in the back of the tank and hides, or just sticks his head out. Today I cleaned the tank and changed the water, and afterwards he went totally crazy. I took a video of it :
Last week I got three new fish.
1. A red finned shark named Jaws. He's very tiny and cute, and probably the wussiest fish I've ever seen.
2. Two "kribs" which are really beautiful fish. They will hopefully mate and make me a billion little fish. I named them Adam and Eve. The male is a bit of a jerk and keeps chasing around jaws and the two black tetras. For some reason he leaves Trogdor alone, though. Probably because Trogdor even scares me when I'm changing the water and is definitely nuts.
My friend Jonah decided that he was going to break off his long standing relationship with the more common bills and use two dollar bills as the primary fodder in his wallet. I thought it was ingenious. Here's why:
I never like copying people's quirks, but this one is too good. I told him that I wanted to copy it, but whenever anyone remarked how cool it was, I would give him credit. He agreed.
I went to the bank yesterday and as I was leaving, I remembered that I wanted to get some deuces (oh, did I mention how cool all the nicknames are for them?). They had just gotten a shipment in, so I got my hands on a freshly minted stack of 100 sequentially numbered two dollar bills. Thanks for the idea, Jonah!
I truly need to figure things out. I went to a six flags park today, it was my field trip. I had so much fun with Finn and a bunch of other people. With what i just lived, i learned that, don't worry too much. Things will happen the way they were meant to be.
I sat alone in the morning and when i got there, i walked straight to the entrance to find Finn. Thank god, i found him and spent the whole day with him. The bad part is, i sort of have a tiny crush on him. He was so nice and we were getting along so well... and he looked really cute. I just feel jealous of the relationship he has with this girl named Amber. She is good friends with him and i noticed things that happened today.
When i got to the entrance, me and Finn found everyone. Zane, Brian, Emma, Amber and Oscar. Now Amber has a crush on Zane and i seriously don't know why but oh well. After a few minutes, me and Finn were walking faster and faster and then suddenly, we lost the group. So we went on two rides and then we were with this guy in our class, Jonathan. He didn't want to do any of the big rides so eventually we left him. We didn't leave him by himself but he went with our other friends who wanted to do the same boring rides. Finn was being so nice to Jonathan and i really liked that about him.
We did all the scary, big rides together and had so much fun i was in the zone! But then, we found the group and i honestly didn't want to be with them because then i couldn't get closer to Finn. So we were waiting in line for this ride, and Finn asks me why i'm calm and not talking. I answer well these guys aren't really my friends and i don't know them. Later on, the guys ( not Finn ) were all over Amber and then she said, in a joke kind of voice, am i pretty? Then Finn in a joke voice said yes. Then he asked me if i was pretty. I said i don't know. He then replied, " Well i think you're very pretty, very pretty. " . I was freaking on inside because Amber is this thin gorgeous girl and he thinks fat Jane is pretty. Then he was telling me about his older sister and told me that she likes nails and makeup. After, i said that me and her would get along because i love beauty related things, he starred at me for like two minutes and i don't know why.
As time went by, i found my friend Olivia who was alone. So i asked her if she wanted to come with us and said yes. After a couple rides, i saw that Finn was having fun with the others and not with me anymore. He was doing rides with Amber and kind of forgetting about me. Me and Olivia left the group and ate pizza on a bench. It was the best pizza i've had in a long long time. I am attracted to Finn but i feel like he's attracted to Amber.