I enjoy reading but I it's difficult to find really great books to read. Here are six non-fiction books that have had a big impact on my life. You should definitely buy them, read them, and have your life changed too. Don't worry if they don't address issues that you care about - simply reading them will make you care.
Ok, I know I've harped on and on about this book, but it's incredible. It explains the intracacies of human digestion and health in a way that is fascinating to someone who has no interest in the subject. I went from happily eating fast food and other such garbage to a 100% healthy diet overnight. A year and a half later, and I'm still eating healthy and feeling better than ever. If I had the money, I'd buy everyone a copy of this book.
How it changed my life : I stopped eating sugar, flour, bad fats, and other things like that.
I just read this one two days ago and now I've gone vegan. It represents the largest and most comprehensive study of human nutrition and disease ever, and the findings are incredible. If you read this you will want to be vegan. Don't be scared off, thinking, "I love meat, I don't want to change!". The information is there and it makes you not WANT
to eat meat.
How it changed my life : Now I eat Vegan.
I don't think I've said much about this one before, but it's also fantastic. It's $10 and has some of the most sensible and practical advice I've ever read on money. I was going to recommend Rich Dad, Poor Dad (which is also great), but this is even better. What's even more amazing is that by buying the book, you are entitled to go to a three day seminar on the topic. I went, very reluctantly, thinking it would be some sort of scam. It's not - it's an insanely professional seminar with tons of amazing advice and information. People were crying because their lives were changed.
A lot of times financial advice is abstract and theoretical, but this is all stuff you can put into action.
How it changed my life : I now have a savings account that I put money into religiously.
Say what you will about Mystery, but he's undeniably one of the best human beings on earth when it comes to getting women. His methodical and scientific mindset lends itself very well to being put on paper. I know him well, and I'd say that 85% of the knowledge he's gained over his 12 years of study (if you can call it that) is in this book. The other 15% you will discover yourself after reading the book and putting it into practice.
How it changed my life : Made me ridiculously good with the ladies, made me more confident, and made me a more interesting person.
This is a really fun book to read, with lots of examples that illustrate the points well. It covers a lot, but I think that everyone will have at least one of those "Wow! I need to start doing that!" moments. I plan on reading it again to pick up more next time.
How it changed my life : I almost never argue and understand other people's perspectives better.
This book is the most comprehensive yet easy to follow book on productivity and organization I've ever read. For about six months after I read it I was insanely organized. I've fallen off the wagon a bit since then, but some of the more major points have stuck and remain part of my life.
How it changed my life : I actually effectively use my todo list / calendar, I have most of my files well organized, and I have a lot of my clutter in labeled plastic boxes.
If you're reading this, buy those books at amazon, or even better go get at least one in real life and start reading today. I guarantee that all six will make your life measurably better for years to come. When you're done, give the books to a friend. And if you actually read them all, put them into effect, and become rich, happy, organized, and charming - thank me then.
Post a comment with a book that's totally changed your life, and let us know how.
Subscribe to Tynan
Get new posts sent to you. If you change your mind later, unsubscribe with one click.
You're a member of this community! Use the buttons on the right to vote on this post or share it with others. Or leave a reply below.