Read Next

The Secret Tunnels Under UT

NEW: Video link added to the bottom 12/14
NEW: Second video link added to the bottom 12/15

Haha... two secret posts in a row. I have a mental list of stories I want to write here, and somehow this one had slipped off of it. Luckily, a UT Grad who goes by "The Reel Deal" posted a comment reminding me about the story. So here it goes, with a little history first.

I never thought I'd go to UT (The University of Texas, not Tennessee). Ever since I was in middle school, I always knew that I'd go to MIT - it was where the smart geeky people went, and I was one of them. When it came time to do applications for schools, I mailed two of them. One for MIT and one for WPI, a lesser known technical school in Massachusetts. I had abysmal grades, due in a large part to my refusal to do most homework and having never actually studied for a test. I always thought it was interesting to see how much of the material I'd naturally retained. Let's just say it usually wasn't over 80%.

Another Sunday Down

On The Daily Vomit

Just remembered i told myself i was going to post something on here everyday, but the thing is i have no idea what i wanna blog about, so i think this is going to be pretty directionless. I already posted a blog on Word press today about my new Flotsam and Jetsam No Place for Disgrace vinyl that showed up in the mail yesterday. Of course i could just post it here, but that would be cheating, not that anyone is going to read this or the other one, but I would know.

So I guess I'll talk about my weekend a bit. On my way home from work Friday I got pulled over my a NYS Trooper for having a brake light out. Got a ticket for it and everything. No big deal really, I just had to get up early yesterday and run to the auto parts store, buy and install a new bulb then drive over to the police station and have a cop look at and sign a piece of paper, then from there head to the Post Office and send the signed ticket in. The whole ordeal cost me $5 and about an hour of my time. After that I went grocery shopping and headed home.

Since I was a total slack ass all week, I was forced to record all the guitar and bass tracks for the song i have been working on this week in the space of about two hours. I would have liked to spend at least an hour on each part, but instead i had to rush the entire project to get it done before my parents came home and I couldn't crank up my amp anymore. I got what I needed done, but it wasn't the best performances or quality of sounds. I would have like to spend more time with it.

Today I got up and edited the different takes of the same song and then spent about an hour mixing it. Not really happy with the results, but I have a deadline each week that the song must be done by 4 o'clock Sunday, and so I'm gonna live with what it is and move on to the next one. I did post the mix on this forum I'm part of for peer review. Hopefully some better trained ears can lend some help on what I can do to improve the mix or the recording. That’s the plan anyway.

I guess that’s it for now, sorry if you actually took the time to read this.

Rendering New Theme...