Hey guys... if you'd like to suggest a post, here's the place to do it. Like the books thread, if someone else suggests a post you'd like to read, upvote it and add any additional thoughts as a reply.
I write every single day, so helping me come up with topics would really make things easier on me and improve post quality at the same time.
I'd enjoy a post on the dynamics of your friendships as well as what your friends are keeping themselves busy with
I would be interested in seeing a post or series of post about how you got to where you are now.
It seems so quick.
Quit college, play poker, do pickup, Start a blog, travel, learn to code, make sett, learn some languages, live in RV.
Of course this is a lot of information so maybe a series of post might be a better approach.
Thing such as
what were your influences? which books, role models, organization or other did you follow? how did your friends help you become who you are now.
What were the key mental shifts or evolution in each step? What made your drastically want to become minimalist after wasting buying tons of stuff? what made you suddenly want to travel?
The effects of each one. How has learning poker, pickup and travelling affected your life and the way you view the world?
I feel you have covered certain parts of these through various blog posts, but having one definitive post or series of posts would give this topic more power.
Typing this up gives us insight into what where the key motivations and paradigms shifts at play, especially since it seems you have delved and learned about a bunch of things your life.
I don't know about suggestions, but I just wanted to chime in and say that I really appreciate and get a lot of value from the recent philosophy posts. It's inspiring to see bits of the thought processes of someone who I strive to emulate as far as work ethic and taking massive action goes. If you have any more of those in the pipeline, please post them because they're great!
Why are you against trying ALL drugs? Obviously the majority have cons that outweigh the pros, however that isnt true for all of them. Specifically Im referring to psychedelic mushrooms which can be a transcendent experience. Especially in San Francisco! When done right the psilocybin in them will give you a fascinating new perspective on the world that is wholly positive. I genuinely recommend at least further research into them, there is a reason Tim Ferriss take a high dosage once per year.
If I were to try any drugs, I would probably try mushrooms or LSD. I do believe that there are some positive aspects to them, but I also think that the potential negatives outweigh them. Like, 99% chance it's a positive experience, but 1% chance it messes me up somehow, OR I just like it so much that I want to do it all the time.
I'd like to hear your take on your writing process...
- What are your daily habits that help you create and write content?
- Do you focus on one post until its finished or do you working on multiple ones?
- Any tips on brainstorming when you first started out blogging?
Idk if you've covered this in a past post, but I'd like to hear the cliff notes on what bad foods are and what each do to our body.
I've actually got this one written already. Will post it this week to the community side at least.
- how to find places to park the Rialta (both long & short term). The apartment management where I'm visiting my friend is complaining. I'm in Austin now, know where any good spots might be? If your book covers this in detail, I'll buy it.
- also, dealing with cops & residents who aren't a fan of the Rialta. Again, in the book?
- motorcycle gear: wearables, security, etc.
Definitely get the book. There's so much stuff in there, especially for Rialta owners, that it would be impossible for it to not be worth the $3 and the time spent reading.
Thanks man, read it last week. Pretty sure I've been at your old spot on Toomey Street for a couple days; the Rialta shown on google maps isn't around, but a friendly neighbor mentioned that he's seen a couple here in the past. A not-so-friendly looking hag took a couple pictures of my Rialta earlier today; I hope she doesn't have beef with it :-/ I stay very quiet and the rig is clean; even picked up trash and pulled some weeds growing over the curb this morning. I tried to look up parking ordinances, but couldn't find any not related to downtown metered parking (which btw is free for motorcycles I learned) or street sweeps that occur once every few months. Do you know if there's a limit of how long a vehicle can be parked in one spot or any other rules?
Also, if coppers come knocking and they could either hear me inside or see me through the back windows that I leave cracked open for venting (I plan to fix that with some simple breathable fabric), am I then legally obligated to do anything?
In the past you've occasionally posted about failure, frustration, negative emotion and struggle, and I think while you obviously don't want to do that too often and bring the tone down, I've found those posts useful. When I am struggling with something it's not that helpful to see someone else succeeding at it and making it look easy - sometimes it makes me angry and the anger gets me to push harder - but more often it's helpful to see someone else struggling, but refusing to give in. That gets me fired up but in a really positive, affirming way.
Is there something that you have optimized, that you daily that most people do on a daily basis, but do badly?
There are activities like peeing which most people do frequently but without much thought. They just do it the way the picked it up intuitively over time. On a recent NLP seminar that I attended the trainer took a few minutes to speak about how to do it correctly.
I think there should be a lot of such activities that are central to our lifes but where we never thought about getting better.
I was recently nominated by a reader (thanks, whoever you are) for the Texas Social Media Awards.
Judges choose the winner based on the comments that people leave about the bloggers and their sites. If you'd like to leave a comment for me I'd be grateful.
To see the nominees, click here: http://www.statesman.com/news/content/standing/awardnominees.html
By Leo Babauta
This blog was started as a way for me to grow the conversation around unschooling, and besides my own (obviously brilliant) posts, I hope to wrestle some from Eva and the kids.
And from you guys. Especially if you're already unschooling (as a parent or student), and even more especially if you are an adult, were successfully unschooled and have a great story to share.
So, if you are or were an unschooler, and you'd like to share your story or thoughts on what works or ways you overcame certain challenges or how you got to college or what college was like for an unschooler, etc. etc. ... please post it here on Unschoolery!